Scripture Truffles... gobble 'em up!!

Psalm 133: 1

Howwonderful and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony!














Saturday, March 28, 2009

Staring at a blank page before me....

Isn't that what life is? A blank page?

We have the choice of what we're going to write on the pages of our lives. THAT'S PRETTY AMAZING when you think about it. God allows us that freedom...but we should choose very carefully what our story will include.

I imagine my pages filled with lots of music (that's how I met my husband) ...lots of pink (my favorite color) and girly things too (since we have 3 daughters) and there'd be some blue and a wonderful descripton of just how soft a grandson's skin is... but if you looked underneath all the bright colors and doodling and fun stuff scattered all over the pages and you could read my real story you'd discover a timid, shy woman who feels as though she is still quite youthful, but somehow she's trapped inside a 46 year old body. I've never felt like I've matured enough. I'm a wife and mother that has hormone issues, occasional blahs, failing eyes and large love handles (what a crazy name for that hideous part of my body). eek!

I want to write all over my life with adventures-the spur of the moment places I've went to-instead of always wanting to know the plan. I so long to write about the people I've met (and actually spoke to - not just thinking of what to say that would sound impressive or that I'm smart like them). I want to write about the lives I've changed because I was kind to EVERYBODY...not just the ones who were kind to me. I want to influence people, not impress. I want to write about how I've allowed God to use me...however HE chooses .. instead of holding myself back from becoming the person He longs for me to be.

Hmmmmm

Today I'm coloring my blank pages with lots and lots of gray...maybe because it's gloomy outside. Maybe because I'm a little depressed. Maybe because I wish I could be happy with just who I am.

Maybe tomorrow I'll splash my pages with lots of bright sun-shiny yellow, Pinks of all shades....lavender blue and baby blue and oh yes, green...ahhhh....what a lovely color...it makes me think of going barefooot in the grass (without stickers). :o)

I challenge us all to write a really gr8 life story! One that reels 'em in....keeps on the edge of their seat...one that inspires..... One that would make our savior smile from ear to ear and make the angels sing.

I'll start tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy, You are who God made you to be. You are a very special person. God only makes special people. You have a very special relationship with your daughters and have impacted their lives tremendously and you are impacting little Noah's life. Most of us think we don't do great things because they are not newsworthy or sound boring to us but that's not true. They are great in the sight of the Lord. Raising our children to be good Christian people is the greatest thing we could ever do. Thank you for raising Kacee to be such a good mother to Noah and wife to my Jamie. I prayed for her long before I met her or you. Lovya. Teresa

    ReplyDelete