Scripture Truffles... gobble 'em up!!

Psalm 133: 1

Howwonderful and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony!














Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Trying to be a wife of a HAPPY husband...

Yep...I'm reading another book to help myself grow spiritually.  One of these days I hope I'll feel like I've got it together (pretty good anyways) and can go OUT and do some Outreach... I feel I'm doing too much "INreach" (working on myself).    My new self help book is titled "You Can Be The Wife of A Happy Husband" by Darien B. Cooper.  It was written back in the days of Starsky & Hutch and Hawaii 5-0...(70's)...some 30 years ago, but the info is still very relevant and worth reading.

So to avoid reproducing or copying the author's hard work I'm just going to relate a few points I've read and am trying to implement in my role as wife.  As usual, I value your prayers (for real)... I sooooo long to live a life that makes God smile from ear to ear when He looks down on me.

FIRST OF ALL:  God made us women to be helpers for our husbands.  We may be married and feel we made the wrong choice, but be sure that God knew exactly what He was doing and it is no mistake that you two are married.

2nd  NOBODY should take your affection away from your husband.  He should come first and we would be smart to make this relationship be of utmost importance (except for God-He's 1st).

3rd:  When we apply the truths we learn in God's word we WILL see changes...both in our hubby and ourself.  Changes take time, so be patient!!!

4th: Don't try to push YOUR agenda on your spouse.  It won't work and you'll just get more agitated.  Even if you think he's not spiritual enough-just pray.  Keep your mouth shut and let the Holy Spirit do the convicting. 

5th:  Begin to pray together EVERY DAY if you're not already doing so.  Even if YOU have to be the initator.... God will love to hear from you and see YOU being an example and "helper".  KEEP AT IT....everyday.  :0) Make deliberate moves to get your marriage in a healthy, spirit-filled mode.  If it's truly important to you - you'll take steps to get it going in the right direction.

6th:  Try asking your husband "what can I do for you" with a sincere heart.  Lead by example.... and follow through with a cheerful heart.  If it's hard for you to do this ask God to help you in this matter.

There's so much more.  Just remember that if you know the right thing to do but fail to do it, that's sin.  I'm guilty.  But I want to be different.

I'm praying for all of us "helpers".  

Much love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment